Coffee News Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is your circulation?
A: Coffee News is strategically located wherever people are eating, grabbing a cup of coffee, or waiting for service. Look for us at nearly 300 locations throughout Cloverdale, Fleetwood, Guildford, Whalley and Surrey Centre. Approximately 70% of our locations are restaurants, delis, coffee houses, etc. The remaining 30% are distributed to places where people are known to wait or frequent regularly such as hair salons, doctors offices, dry cleaners, community & senior citizen centers, and government offices.
Q: Can I subscribe to Coffee News?
A: You cannot currently subscribe to Coffee News . It is a free publication distributed primarily at restaurants or any other place where you might have some time to read while waiting.
Q: How often do you publish and where are you distributed?
A: New issues are published weekly. For a current list of our distribution locations, please click on the DISTRIBUTION link above.
Q: How long has Coffee News been in existence?
A: Coffee News was originally created and founded by Jean Daum in Winnipeg, Canada in 1988.
Q: Can restaurants advertise in Coffee News?
A: No. The Coffee News is exclusive to all of our advertisers. Only one business per category can advertise with us at any given time. As a courtesy to all our restaurant and coffee shop distribution locations, we offer the protection that no business in the restaurant industry will be allowed to advertise in Coffee News . Although most restaurants would love to have an ad, they are disallowed automatically. The reason -- a Burger King ad in Coffee News , for example, would have every McDonald's refusing to carry Coffee News . No restaurant would welcome their competitor's efforts to take away their customers right inside their own premises, so they would naturally kick them out -- and Coffee News too.
Q: How much is an ad?
A: Ads in Coffee News are less expensive than other repetitive print media so that the small business person can easily afford to advertise. You can advertise in Coffee News for a fraction of the cost of other media! Remember all ads in Coffee News are “EXCLUSIVES”, meaning we only allow one type of business in each edition, allowing our advertisers to LOCK OUT their competition! Advertising rates very on the length of the advertising agreement along with the number of Coffee News editions the advertisement is to run in. Please contact us to receive a quote for your specific advertising needs.
Q: Why do you recommend that the ad run for at least 17 weeks?
A: Studies have proven that most readers need to see an ad at least 8 times before they are able to remember or "absorb" the message. Many readers do not actually need your product or service at the time they see your ad. It is to our advertisers benefit that their ad is out on our stands and distributed for the public to read for as long as possible. 17 weeks is the minimum length that we recommend. Advertisers that sign on for even longer plans will receive a better response & results from their ad, due to the long term trust & familiarity their ad creates with our readers. A good ad is like a seed for a fruit tree. Repetition is its water. Weekly consistency is its sunlight. The longer your seed is allowed to grow in the mind of the public, the greater and greater your harvests will be. What size harvests do you want to see?
Q: How do I pay for the ad?
A: We accept cash, check, Mastercard & Visa. Billing can be monthly or in various installments or annually depending on the plan you choose.
Q: Do I need to design the ad?
A: No, all ads are designed by a professional graphic artist to insure the most effective impact on the readers. You only provide your logo if desired, and the information that you would like included. Depending o the complexity of the design you require, a one time ad production fee may be charged. For businesses that wish to provide their own pre-designed ad. The ad specs are 2 inches high x 3 inches wide. Black & White. Minimum 300 dpi pdf file with all fonts & graphics embedded is required.
Q: Can I change an ad now and then?
A: Yes, there is never a charge for minor ad changes. These can be done over the phone, email or in person.
Q: Can I use my business card as an ad?
A: Yes, but we recommend against it. Business cards make good business cards not effective ads. We will work with you to design an effective ad using your logo and applicable graphics.